Kidder Mathews (www.kiddermathews.com) is the leading privately-held commercial real estate services firm on the West Coast and offers a full spectrum of property management, brokerage, and valuation advisory services to a diverse clientele that includes institutional and private investors, corporations, public agencies, and non-profit organizations.
Kidder Mathews currently manages a commercial property portfolio of in excess of 50 million square feet, with asset value in excess of $7 billion. The firm also provides brokerage, development, building engineering, project and construction management, consulting, capital markets, and sustainability services from 21 offices throughout the West Coast.
Founded in Seattle in 1969, Kidder Mathews has built a reputation of absolute integrity, high-level commercial real estate expertise and incredible client service.
With offices in Washington, Oregon, California, Arizona and Nevada, Kidder Mathews is an expanding, dynamic, vibrant and entrepreneurial firm and has been consistently recognized as a “best place to work” in multiple markets.
This is a excellent opportunity for someone just new in or just starting their HR career! We are a new HR Department (2.5 years) and are fully building the HR function from the ground up. Come be part of a growing company and department!
Job Summary: (Overall purpose and objective of the job in paragraph or bullet form)
The HR Coordinator is responsible for supporting the human resources department with support and administrative tasks of day to day operations. The HR Coordinator must maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity to ensure employee confidence and protection of the integrity of human resources operations and information.
Essential Functions: (The reason this job exists is to perform these functions. These functions are performed regularly, seriously impacts other jobs, and there are a limited number of employees to whom performance of the function can be distributed).
• Establish and maintain positive, customer service focused relationships demonstrating professionalism and integrity
• Create and maintain required Employee Files according to all applicable laws ensuring proper records retention
• Collect and maintain I9 forms and files
• Complete all employment verifications including salary information ensuring proper release forms signed
• Conduct professional references on potential candidates
• Initiate and monitor criminal background checks including drug tests when relevant ensuring process moves as quickly as possible meeting targeted start dates
• Initiate and monitor onboarding processes ensuring an on time start and forms completion
• Maintain file of current Driver Licenses and Insurance cards for all company drivers
• Create, maintain and modify forms and documents as needed
• Utilize Docusign to rollout documents and acquire employee signatures
• Partner with HR team and Corporate Marketing to keep HR part of intranet current and updated
• Perform various administrative tasks like mailings, printing, etc.
• Maintain accurately a portion of the benefits reconciliation spreadsheets by entering payroll deductions and removing terminated employees
• Administer COBRA process
• Order and maintain required employment postings for all offices
• Complete new hire process in Dayforce
• Other Dayforce administration support as needed
• Payroll administration support as needed
Other Functions: (Incidental to the purpose or the job. These functions are performed infrequently, and have little consequences to other jobs if not performed).
• Perform other duties or projects as requested
Supervisory Responsibilities: (scope of the person’s authority, including a list of jobs that report to this job).
There are no direct supervisory responsibilities
Work Environment: (The work environment described here are representative of those that the employee must be in in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
This is a standard office environment with standard office noise like talking, office equipment, etc.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is rarely active but may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The employee must frequently sit and use a computer for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities are required to do this job including close vision.
Essential Qualification: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the competencies (minimum knowledge, skill, and ability) required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions).
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience and education; HR degree or certification strongly preferred
Knowledge of general HR standards and practices
Ability to learn and be proficient in HRIS system (Dayforce)
2+ years related experience
Skill and Ability:
Strong computer skills (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Ability to prioritize, multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline oriented environment
Ability to speak, write and understand English
Excellent communication and organizational skills
Ability to build relationships with clients, vendors and internal partners
Demonstrated ability to function in a team environment and proactively problem solve
Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of department goals and business objectives
Demonstrated initiative and trouble shooting skills
Willingness and demonstration of professional development and continual learning
Professional, clean and neat appearance
Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
Professional and customer-service oriented
Able to function in a team environment with demonstrated ability in problem solving
Ability to prioritize and organize work load in order to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines
Professional level of confidentiality in handling employee information
Kidder Mathews is an equal opportunity employer does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Kidder Mathews will accommodate candidates with disabilities to complete this application.
Click here to apply
Please mention that you saw the job on South King County SHRM